Meet Our Team
Our experienced team at MAS Medical is led by founder and directing physician, Mark A. Samia, M.D., M.P.H. We employ medical professionals who are focused and skilled in the practice of occupational medicine, travel medicine, and visa medical exams.
About Dr. Samia
As a Raleigh native and graduate of four universities in North Carolina, and with more than 30 years of experience in the medical field, Dr. Mark A. Samia, MD is the founder and medical director of MAS Medical Centers. He and his accomplished team provide expert medical advice and world-class service to businesses throughout North Carolina, as well as specialized services to those traveling outside the United States and others immigrating to America from around the globe.
Dr. Samia’s extensive training and credentials speak to his qualifications as a physician, and his personable and caring manner make him a favorite of his patients and business clients.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- American Board of Family Medicine – Board Certified in 1994
- American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine – Member
- Certified Medical Review Officer – Medical Review Officer Certification Council
- Certificate in Travel Health – International Society of Travel Medicine
- North Carolina Medical Society – Member
- American Medical Association – Member
Education & Training
- NC State University – Bachelor of Science
- UNC at Chapel Hill – Master of Public Health
- ECU School of Medicine – Doctorate of Medicine
- East Carolina University – PCMH – Emergency Medicine Internship
- Wake Forest University – BGSOM – Family & Community Medicine Residency
- Medical Review Officer certification – 1994
- Aviation Medical Examiner / Flight Surgeon – 2010
- Certificate in Travel Health – 2015
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner – ABIME – 2018
Honors & Awards
- Occupational Physician of the Year, NCTAOHN
- America’s Top Family Doctors, CRC of America
Cathy (RN) – Practice Manager
Jenn completed her undergraduate work in Biological Sciences before obtaining her Master’s of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She brings a welcoming heart and over 12 years of experience to our team. Jenn is skilled in Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine and Internal Medicine. When not providing exceptional care to our patients, she enjoys spending time with her husband and children.
Robin has been a wonderful member of our team for over 20 years. She provides all around help up front and in the back for our patients. Her kindness and commitment to serve are a great asset to our patients and medical practice.
Korina brings to our team decades of experience in both the medical and military fields. Her kind nature and work ethic help us serve our patients in an efficient and pleasant manner.
Barbara is a welcome addition to our group. She joins our back office and billing team with decades of experience in the banking industry.